The veins in my legs are sore. How do I make them feel better?

Dr. Lornell Hansen
Phlebology
In brief: Treat
I feel that if you have symptoms that affect your life then i would recommend to treat as symptoms will worsen over time.
Varicose veins are more easily treated early in the process verses waiting for years before you seek out treatment. You can contact a board certified phlebologist or a vascular surgeon.

In brief: Treat
Dr. Lornell Hansen
Dr. Lornell Hansen
Dr. Ted King
Simple, conservative things can help the symptoms, like exercise, weight loss, taking anti-inflammatory medicine, putting your legs up whenever possible, and wearing 20 mmHg compression stockings (or more). Those are only temporary measures though and won't make the problem go away. Corrective treatment should make the pain go away on a more long term basis. For that you need a vein specialist.
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Compression
It is possible that you have venous insufficiency (leaky valves in your veins).
A simple ultrasound can determine whether this is the case. In the interim, simple below knee compression socks (15-30 mm hg), leg elevation, and nsaids (ibuprofen) can help your symptoms. If conservative measures fail to help, then consult a vascular surgeon for possible venous ablation.

In brief: Compression
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Ted King
Sometimes 15-20 mm Hg isn't enough and more compression is required. If compression helps, then it is worhwhile to consdier the possibility of having more definitive treatment, as Dr. Aalami suggested. Seeing a vein specilist can be helpful.
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Sore leg
It depends why they are sore Firstly be evaluated to determine why your legs are sore

In brief: Sore leg
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Marsha Davis