Should I go to a general doctor if I think I have lymphedema?

Dr. Oliver Aalami
Surgery - Vascular
If you have swelling that is more than usual and is not going away, then a trip to the primary physician makes sense.
There are many reasons people develop swelling....Kidney problems, heart problems, lymphedema, venous insufficiency etc. It is important to have it checked out and know the cause.

Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: Start there
See your general doctor first.
Lymphedema is probably something they feel comfortable in diagnosing and treating. If they don't they can refer you to a specialist. Board certified phlebologists (vein specialists) are trained in lymphedema.

In brief: Start there
See your general doctor first.
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King