My left arm and hand are numb and my fingernails are blue. Could this be something serious?

Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: Depends

This may be raynaud's phenomenon, which is a blood vessel spasm. It is classically triggered by cold.
Treatments vary from medication to surgery. It may also be related to autoimmune diseases. Best to get evaluated by a physician for a full history and physical. Make note of what seems to trigger this. If it doesn't resolve quickly, you may need an er visit.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin

You should seek medical attention immediately at your closest er.

Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Wesley Marquart