Is there an alternative treatment for venous leg ulcer?

Not really. As drs. Schwartz and marquart said, the mainstay of treatment for venous leg ulcers is compression and treatment of the underlying venous insufficiency. Some medicines, especially trental, (pentoxifylline) or antibiotics, if there is an infection, have been shown to improve the effectiveness of compression but infections are actually rare and medication is not commonly needed.
Absolutely. If you have underlying venous reflux or insufficiency that has not been diagnosed or treated, then undergoing laser closure or ablation will resolve the underlying build up of pressure, or venous hypertension, that may have caused the ulcer. The wound itself will still need ongoing debridement and wound care, but will likely heal quickly once the underlying vein problem is addressed.
Diabetic Foot Treat. Do not try to treat a venous ulcer with home remedies without at least having a professional observing as the consequences of an unsuccessful treatment can mean hospitalization, infection, sepsis and death. There are over 4000+ wound care products that are available so even among professionals, opinions vary. Attention to underlying causes of the ulceration are paramount.
No. The only effective treatment for venous ulcers is compression therapy. The literature also describes vascular reconstruction for refractory cases.
Ulcer. Identifying the cause is the most important step A compression bandage-unna boot very helpful Leg elevation to reduce swelling Once the underlying cause is determined then a thermal ablation will treat the venous reflux which is an important step in curing the ulce.
Surgery. When you have a venous ulcer you have to find out why you have the ulcer. The cause of the ulcer is either from superficial or deep venous insufficiency or a combination of the two. This can be easily delineated with an ultrasound of the veins looking for reflux. Surgery can help you if there is superficial venous insufficiency. A vein specialist can help you with this.