Is peripheral artery disease correlated with pain and heaviness in your legs?

Dr. Oliver Aalami
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Potentially yes
Peripheral vascular disease causes three levels of symptoms as the disease progresses, 1) claudication; muscle cramping with exercise which also resolves with rest.
This is very reproducible 2) rest pain; pain when elevating legs / lying down, 3) tissue loss; foot ulcers / gangrene / non-healing wounds. Pain and numbness are more frequent than heaviness.

In brief: Potentially yes
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: Don't forget veins
As dr. Aalami said, heaviness is unusual and in my experience is more likely to be associated with venous insufficiency.
I agree with dr. Korna, it is worth checking it out to make sure that veins aren't the cause of the problem.

In brief: Don't forget veins
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
Pad can cause this but venous insufficiency can also.
Better get checked.

Better get checked.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery