Is peripheral artery disease correlated with pain and heaviness in your legs?

Potentially yes. Peripheral vascular disease causes three levels of symptoms as the disease progresses, 1) claudication; muscle cramping with exercise which also resolves with rest. This is very reproducible 2) rest pain; pain when elevating legs / lying down, 3) tissue loss; foot ulcers / gangrene / non-healing wounds. Pain and numbness are more frequent than heaviness.
Don't forget veins. As dr. Aalami said, heaviness is unusual and in my experience is more likely to be associated with venous insufficiency. I agree with dr. Korna, it is worth checking it out to make sure that veins aren't the cause of the problem.
Yes. Pad can cause this but venous insufficiency can also. Better get checked.