If you put a stent in my renal arteries, can I keep smoking?

Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: No
Smoking is probably the single worst thing you can do to yourself in terms of peripheral vascular disease.

In brief: No
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Charles Jost
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Not recommended!
Your smoking probably contributed to the narrowing of your renal arteries, perhaps significantly.
You might want to ask yourself why you would want to continue smoking after having a procedure that is not entirely benign. Smoking is very addictive but there are methods and medicines that can support your through smoking cessation. I hope that you will pursue these with your doctor and quit!

In brief: Not recommended!
Dr. Charles Jost
Dr. Charles Jost
In brief: NO
No.

In brief: NO
No.
Dr. Evert Eriksson
Dr. Evert Eriksson
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: Stop
If you smoke stent will close faster.

In brief: Stop
If you smoke stent will close faster.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery