I have hashimoto's and graves disease. My endo is 2 hours away in a major city, and she is even perplexed? How rare/difficult to treat is this combo?

Not that rare. Actually, mixed hashi/graves is not all that rare, although it can create a mixed picture and be perplexing at times. If you are hyperthyroid, you need to be treated. You need to follow up with your endocrinologist.
Difficult. Just remember that doctors are human and we, too, need help and 2nd opinions. Maybe you should look into a larger regional hospital that has a specialist who deals specifically with your condition. It never hurts to call ahead.