If I wait too long to get a stent for my renal artery stenosis, what will happen to my kidneys?

Depends. Stenting of the renal arteries has been controversial. Definitely, no intervention needs to be considered if the narrowing is less than 60%. The setting where stenting has definitely been shown to be beneficial is when the kidney function is deteriorating and/or the kidney size is shrinking. Stenting doesn't always improve the blood pressure or kidney function- hence the controversy.
Renal artery stenosi. Depends on what is causing the RAS. I specialize in this so can do 2nd opinion. Most probably nothing as long as BP is controlled.
? Stenosis. Dont need stent unless significant stenosis and difficult to control hypertension. If you wait too long the kidney may not respond. Have your doctor do a renal artery doppler. If the resistive index too high stent may not help.