I will be getting iliac bypass for poor circulation in my legs due to 95% blockage. How soon will I see the results?

Dr. Shane Parmer
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Fairly quickly

If it is being done for claudication, pain while walking, then once you recover from the bypass, which may take a couple of weeks, you will notice a difference.
If it is being done for an ulcer, it still may take some time for healing to occur.

In brief: Fairly quickly

Dr. Shane Parmer
Dr. Shane Parmer
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Immediately

Bypass or stent?

In brief: Immediately

Bypass or stent?
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Patrick Wyffels
Critical Care

In brief: Immediately

Providing that the vessels downstream ( femoral, popliteal, tibial ) are open, you will get relief of your pain due to lack of blood flow immediately.
You will especially will notice the effect when you walk. If you have non healing ulcers they will heal over time.

In brief: Immediately

Dr. Patrick Wyffels
Dr. Patrick Wyffels
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery