I was fitted for a lymphedema sleeve and gauntlet. Is the sleeve supposed to cut off the circulation in my arm and hand?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: No

The sleeve should be tight but should not cut off your circulation.
You may need to start with a larger sleeve and move to a smaller one as your lymphedema improves. Talk to your physical therapist as soon as possible.

In brief: No

Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: No

Lymphedema garments have to be tight in order to do their job.
Sometimes they feel so tight that you might fear that they could cut off your circulation. Don't worry though, if they were tight enough to affect your circulation you could never get them on.

In brief: No

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King