I still have serious pain from a leg amputation that I had 5 years ago. Can anyone suggest any pain relief?

In brief: Phantom pain

You are likely suffering from phantom pain, a syndrome that afflicts patients after limb amputation.
The syndrome is poorly understood but you do have some treatment options. You should seek a pain specialist with experience treating this syndrome.

In brief: Phantom pain

Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Depends

The pain from an amputation after a few years could be from a number of different problems.
You need to be evaluated by the surgeon that did the amputation. There are options for this and you do not have to be in pain.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Vikram Patel