I have mild stenosis of 40% and irregular intima in carotid doppler study. What are my treatment options?

Dr. Oliver Aalami
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Conservative
Assuming you have not had a stroke or TIA symptoms, medical management with observation is the appropriate management for you.
Medical management consists of Aspirin (to prevent clots), statin (to lower cholesterol), and smoking cessation. Surveillance with a carotid ultrasound is also necessary.

In brief: Conservative
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: Risk factor
Control. No smoking.
Control BP and cholesterol. Control diabetes.

In brief: Risk factor
Control. No smoking.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Ultrasound
You probably do not have symptoms but either way you should have this lesion followed with a carotid ultrasound every six to twelve months.

In brief: Ultrasound
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology