I have been getting pain in my front lower legs while walking. Is this related to my diabetes?

Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology
In brief: Possibly
There would have to be tests done to determine if the pain is the result of blood vessel blockage or just a muscular reaction to the activity.
If it is blood vessel blockage it is most likely related to the diabetes. It can be treated by medication and, sometimes, surgery. If it is muscular a program of physical theray with graded exercises would help.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Jonathan Ellichman
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Possibly
Sounds like "shin splints" but any diabetic should be evaluated for peripheral arterial disease if they have leg pain while walking.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Jonathan Ellichman
Dr. Jonathan Ellichman
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery