I have a small ulcer on my leg. What kind of a doctor do I need to go see to treat it?

Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: Vascular surgeon

Thats the best place to start.

In brief: Vascular surgeon

Thats the best place to start.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto

In brief: Wound care

If it is long standing non healing ulcer, see a wound care specialist or if short duration see your own physician.
.

In brief: Wound care

.
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Douglas Joyce
Phlebology

In brief: See vein specialist

Leg ulcers are often caused by chronic venous insufficiency which is a problem that causes to much pressure to be in the veins near the skin.
A venous specialist can diagnose and treat this condition. Our cure rate with venous ulcers is 97%. If it is arterial in nature you will be referred to an arterial specialist.

In brief: See vein specialist

Dr. Douglas Joyce
Dr. Douglas Joyce
Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: ID specialist-

Several possible diagnoses can be given to a "small ulcer" on the leg, with the correct one most likely to be made quickly by an infectious diseases specialist.
This specialist will be able to ask key questions that can determine if the ulcer is due to an infection (e.g. Leishmaniasis, syphilis), vascular insufficiency, trauma, diabetes, or other non-infectious cause.

In brief: ID specialist-

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po