I have a large kidney stone and have had a stent installed. What can I do about my constant urge to pee?

Dr. Phillip Porch
General Practice

In brief: Medications

There are medications that your doctor can prescribe that should decrease the sensation of needing to void frequently.

In brief: Medications

Dr. Phillip Porch
Dr. Phillip Porch

In brief: Fluids, medications

This is a very common problem in patients who have an indwelling ureteral stent.
Although it is not dangerous, it can be very bothersome. Drinking fluids may help ease the discomfort. Also, Motrin or tylenol (acetaminophen) may help. If these fail, there are prescription medications that will help these symptoms until the stent is removed by your urologist.

In brief: Fluids, medications

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine