I have a blocked artery in my right eye. Will I ever be able to regain my lost vision?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probably not

Unless is was a temporary blockage that quickly recovered (so the vision came back right away, i.
e. Amaurosis). Sometimes neovascularization which can cause further vision loss can be treated. Otherwise systemic workup to prevent future blockages is prudent.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology

In brief: LIkely not

With an arterial occlusion, the vision loss is generally permanent.
In some cases of venous blockage there may some resolution with time if the blockage is partial. Best to be followed closely by your ophthalomologist and have a comprehensive work up for the potential cause since it may be related to a stroke.

In brief: LIkely not

Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Arnon Rubin