What does a mucus plug look like?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: A glob of mucus

Will be thick not thin could be many differnt colors including blood tinged, mucus plug coming out near your due date is normal, if you are worried about anything then call your OB 24/7 just like my pts can call me and a recent study shows the ideal time to deliver is 39-40 for the baby , so don't go past your due date, i don't let any of my pts go past and they all thank me for it.

In brief: A glob of mucus

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Variable

It can look like a formed glob of material about the size of a hockey pcuk or it can liquify and look like mucus from your nose.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham