My mouth tastes bitter. What should I do?

Dr. TED FEDER
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Several

Brush your teeth and tongue? Large cavities? Gastric reflux? Post nasal drip/ sinus problems? Dissimilar metals (fillings) in your mouth?

In brief: Several

Dr. TED FEDER
Dr. TED FEDER

In brief: Many causes

Have you had this sensation for awhile or is it recent? It could be side effects of meds or supplements, change in foods, change of toothpastes or some underlying dental/gum problem. You should brush your tongue when brushing your teeth.
I would try and keep track of when this taste occurs and address.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman

In brief: See a dentist

You either have gingivitis, with pus oozing into your mouth, or a brain tumor which a neurologist can find.
Odds are it's the gum disease....

In brief: See a dentist

Odds are it's the gum disease....
Dr. Michael Teitelbaum
Dr. Michael Teitelbaum