I get hand and wrist pain when I wash my hands with cold water. Is this normal?

In brief: No, may be Raynaud's

Raynaud's phenomenon is a symptom caused by constriction of small blood vessels, usually in the fingers and toes, leading to a lack of nutrients and oxygen going to the fingers and toes.
Raynaud's phenomenon can be due to auto-immune disorders, hormonal imbalances, medication effects, etc... A primary care, endocrinology, or rheumatology doctor can look for raynaud's and other possible causes.

In brief: No, may be Raynaud's

Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: Not unless it's

Really cold. You may have raynaud's or beurger's.
Arthritis more likely relieved by cold. If you smoke, quitting may resolve the issue for a time at least. If you have one of those diseases above and don't quit, you'll start to lose fingers.

In brief: Not unless it's

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine