I get hand and wrist pain when I wash my hands with cold water. Is this normal?

No, may be Raynaud's. Raynaud's phenomenon is a symptom caused by constriction of small blood vessels, usually in the fingers and toes, leading to a lack of nutrients and oxygen going to the fingers and toes. Raynaud's phenomenon can be due to auto-immune disorders, hormonal imbalances, medication effects, etc... A primary care, endocrinology, or rheumatology doctor can look for raynaud's and other possible causes.
Not unless it's. Really cold. You may have raynaud's or beurger's. Arthritis more likely relieved by cold. If you smoke, quitting may resolve the issue for a time at least. If you have one of those diseases above and don't quit, you'll start to lose fingers.