I am skinny. Is it safe for me to have leg bypass surgery in my leg?

Dr. Shane Parmer
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Yes, if indicated
Actually by being thin the operation is often technically easier and wound complications are less compared to an obese patient.
You may, however, be able to feel the graft easier which can be concerning to some but has no impact on the safety of the procedure.

In brief: Yes, if indicated
Dr. Shane Parmer
Dr. Shane Parmer
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular
The real questions are what are your indications to have bypass surgery on the legs.
Make sure that if this is not an emergency that the conservative measures have been tried. If you have exhausted those choices and you are not smoking the the bypass should be quite safe.

Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: Sure
Your surgeon will tell you if there is a problem.

In brief: Sure
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Patrick Wyffels
Critical Care
Being thin is actually an advantage for you & your surgeon.
Significant risk factors for your surgery would include: cardiac disease or coronary artery disease - angina, previous heart attack, neck artery ( carotid ) narrowing, smoking, empysema ( COPD ), high blood pressure, morbid obesity, diabetes, blood clotting problems, kidney disease, how extensive the surgery, and any active infections.

Dr. Patrick Wyffels
Dr. Patrick Wyffels
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery