How much weight will a person lose after a foot amputation?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: May gain or lose

Some may gain weight while others may lose weight following and amputation.
It depends on the individual.

In brief: May gain or lose

It depends on the individual.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat

In brief: Minimal

Amputating a foot partially or totally will not really caused a lot of weight loss.
What may lead to weight loss is the psychological affects that comes with loosing ones foot. This may lead to depression, and in turn cause a decrease or absence of apatite.

In brief: Minimal

Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Mak Yousefpour

In brief: Not really related

First, the weight of the foot, not trying to be funny, but it is the first thing i thought of after reading.
It should not be related. I would think weight gain would be more of a concern, due to limited activity. When fully healed, try exercising by using a kick board in a swimming pool. Stay active despite the surgery. Are you diabetic?

In brief: Not really related

Dr. Steven Snodgrass
Dr. Steven Snodgrass