How long does it usually take to recover from carotid endarterectomy?

3-6 weeks. I have had patients return to full activities 3 days later and have never had anyone take more then 6 weeks. Most are fully recovered by 3 weeks. I have done over 2500 carotid surgeries.
Recover carotid surg. Most can go home after breakfast the morning after surgery. I allow them to return to full speed after I see them for their one week post op visit and the surgical site (neck) will be back to normal in 4-6 weeks.
Quick recovery. Carotid endarterectomy requires an overnight stay in the hospital. Most patients are back to doing just about everything in 5 to 7 days. The neck heals very quickly and the procedure itself isn't very traumatic (i.e. No muscle is cut or bones broken) which makes the discomfort post operatively mild and short-lived. I have had a who mc'ed a black tie event for 600 people 3 days post-op!