How effective is leg bypass surgery?

Depends. Leg bypasses are typically done when someone has pain or a non-healing wound from poor circulation. If the bypass is open then it will be effective at healing wounds and improving pain. How long bypasses work is another loaded question and depends in many factors. Some include, smoking status, is vein used as a conduit or synthetic material, is the bypass to an above or belw knee artery.
Very. Leg bypass surgery is used to treat blocked blood flow in the leg. The bypass provides a new 'conduit' for the blood so the tissues below the blockage can get the blood needed to stay alive. Leg bypass can provide significant improvement in your ability to ambulate and prevent amputations.