Is heart attack genetic?

Heart attack. In a strict sense, there are no genes for heart attack. However, there are certain families with a history of premature heart attacks that occur at an early age. Generally considered to be less than 45 in men and 55 in women. Most of these people have elevated cholesterol levels earlier in life which places them at increased risk for heart attack at an early age.
Yes. You inherit genes from mom & dad! if on one side less risk for you. Both sides increase risk. This does not mean heart attack for you . You need close watch of lipids, blood sugar, smoking and life style. Your family doc can see you now! and start the monitoring. Please if you are young do not feel "invincible"! you are not! see your doc now for counseling to assess your risk!
To some degree. We can be predisposed to heart attacks because of our genes. For example, some have the genetic tendency to have high cholesterol. Some of those patients can even have such high cholesterol they have heart attacks as children. The best way to approach heart health is by assessing your risks with your doctor and making god choices based on that information.
Somewhat. Pedisposition to heart diseases is genetic, however even if it runs in your family you will not nesseserily get it if you maintain your health and live a healthy lifestyle.