I'm going to have surgery to sort scar tissue around my ACL is this a severe procedure and will it limit my sporting ability in the future. I'm 35.?

Dr. Theodore Shybut
Sports Medicine

In brief: Good idea if stiff

If your knee is stiff after acl surgery due to scarring called arthrofibrosis, a lysis of adhesions+anterior interval release surgery (ie scar tissue release+removal) should improve range of motion and function.
Dedicate yourself to post-op pt +range of motion work to optimize your outcome: well-reconstructed acl, +full motion+appropriate, full rehab = sporting ability. Good luck.

In brief: Good idea if stiff

Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It might

Then again it might help you.
It depends upon what is found and what is done about it.

In brief: It might

Then again it might help you.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine