Do I need home nursing car to take care of my foot stump after my operation?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: HH Nurse
Your residual limb issue is an important one.
You will require some level of assistance in the home. Those needs require determination before you leave the hospital. Separate those needs into two categories: your activities of daily living (eating, toileting, dressing, etc); and the care of your residual limb (nursing, physician, therapist). If there is wound care, then a hh should be involved.

In brief: HH Nurse
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Usually not
Usually not if it is healing well and you or family member can apply dressing to it .
But if it is not healing or you have a wound on the stump then yes you need home health nurse.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
In brief: Stump care
If there is a need for dressing change , yes you will need home care.
The level of care as this impacts your life should be discussed with your surgeon and his staff who will guide you through this. Best of luck.

In brief: Stump care
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Shontae Buffington