If I have a cold sore thats going away and i performed oral sex on my girlfriend for 8 seconds, will she get genital herpes?

In brief: Possibly

You could be shedding the herpes virus even if you don't have visible lesions.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. John Paas

In brief: She can

There's no way to tell now if she will, but it is possible, even if the lesions are "healing.
" i would suggest that she contact a health care provider right away and request a rx for acyclovir. This interferes with viral replication, and could, at least in theory, prevent her from developing herpes. Always abstain from contact until your lesions are entirely healed, just to be safe.

In brief: She can