Can you tell me what is in the liquid of lymphedema?

Protein and fluids. The word is derived from the name of the roman deity of fresh water, lympha. The lymph is formed when the interstitial fluid (the fluid which lies in the interstices of all body tissues) is collected through lymph capillaries. Lymph returns protein and excess interstitial fluid to the circulation. Lymph may pick up bacteria, cancer cells and bring them to lymph nodes where they are destroyed.
Lymph! Good question! lymphedema is a build-up of lymph, which is a yellowish to milky fluid thatcomes from your blood. If you took a tube of blood and let it sit, the cells would settle to the bottom and a yellow fluid would float to the top, called plasma. Lymph is very similar to plasma. As blood flows through capillaries that get smaller and smaller, lymph is squeezed out into your tissue.