How long after I lose my plug will I go into labor?

Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: WHAT did your OB say
Any ?S like this - please ask your ob, it could be the same day or 3-weeks later it is variable, if you are 37 weeks or more- nothing to wory about, if your water breaks then call your OB right away and some advice from me who has delivered more than 5000 babies, a recent study says the ideal time to deliver is 39-40 weeks, safest for the baby, easy to induce, not worth going past due date.

In brief: WHAT did your OB say
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Depends
Losing your mucous plug can be a good sign that your cervix is softening up and maybe even starting to dilate.
It does not mean that you are going into labor. No need to pack the bag yet.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Adam Levy