Hello my gums were sore yesterday morning and my mouth became in pain i noticed a ulcer on the upper inner part of my top lip on the thing the thin la?

Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Stress ulcers

Could be many things.
Your dentist will be able to evaluate and treat accordingly. Could be stress ulcers (aphthous ulcers), herpes, pemphigoid, pemphigus or lichen planus. These are fancy words but will need to know what your mouth looks like before a recommendation can be made.

In brief: Stress ulcers

Could be many things.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Joseph Ritz
Dentistry

In brief: Mouth ulcer likely

From your description it is likely that you are having an episode of apthous ulceration of the soft tissue in that part of the mouth.
They can vary in cause and location but are self-limiting. That means it will resolve over time without treatment. Allow one to two weeks for healing. If no improvemnt is noticable then have the area examined by your dentist.

In brief: Mouth ulcer likely

Dr. Joseph Ritz
Dr. Joseph Ritz
Dr. Steven Seres