How will I know when my baby's head engages?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Descent
You may find that you feel a little different after your baby has dropped.
Some pregnancy complaints may get worse, while others may improve. On the one hand, your baby will be taking up more room in your pelvis, so you'll probably find that you have to urinate even more often than before. You may get an uncomfortable feeling of pressure deep in your pelvis, feel increasing discomfort when yo.

In brief: Descent
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Depends
You may not be able to 'tell' if the baby's head has engaged.
For some women, this doesn't happen until they are in active labor. Usually during the last month of the pregnancy, doctors will perform pelvic exams to access where the baby's head is.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey