If my child was diagnosed with fifth disease, do I need to keep her out of daycare or school?

Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: No

The diagnosis of fifth's disease is made from the classic appearance of the rash, which usually causes very red cheeks with a more "lacy" appearing rash on the arms and thighs.
Once your child has the rash, they are no longer contagious. However, fifth's can be a problem for pregnant women in the first trimester, and if your child was around anyone who is or might be pregnant, please notify them.

In brief: No

Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: No

Once the rash appears and the diagnosis can be made, these kids are not contagious.

In brief: No

Dr. Shontae Buffington