What are the benefits of home births?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: No benefits

Only potential problems, almost everyone from schenectady who is asking ?S on this web site seems like they are doing home birth, too many things can go wrong with the labor, delivery or afterwards, and I have seen almost all of them during my career as I have seen many disasters from home birth when i used to take obgyn er call, no one can predict the future, do not take a chance!

In brief: No benefits

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Home Birth

The + is friendly environment.
The disadvantage is that childbirth can be associated with potential problems/complications for the mom & baby, a home doesn't have necessary medical equipment nor personnel to deal with obstetrical emergencies! i strongly advise against this. You can find a user friendly obstetrical facility that can provide the comfort of a home birth with security to provide care.

In brief: Home Birth

The + is friendly environment.
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Andrew Silverman