Why do I have lower back pain after being on my feet at work all day?

Mechanics. Low back pain after standing all day could also be a sign of mild degenerative changes to the lumbar spine. Poor posture and jobs that require excessive lifting can also predispose you to muscle fatigue and injury. It is important to avoid high heeled shoes and have adequate arch supports to decreased stress on the lower back. Be sure to visit your md if the pain persists.
Multifactorial. A weak "core" can cause back pain with standing. Shoes with poor support or poor ergonomics (cute flats or high heels) can result in joint and back pain after a long day of standing. Try optimizing your footwear and core strengthening and stretching exercises. http://www.ehow.com/about_6166938_mckenzie-exercises-low-back-pain.html.