What is the likelihood I can go back to work the day after having my wisdom teeth pulled?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Take one day

Depends upon what is your occupation and the amount of pain or discomfort you can tolerate if you don't have complications like bleeding or infection and whether or not you required general anesthesia or only local.
You may require to take strong analgesics with drowsiness and be incapacitated to think clearly. I would at least take one day post op.

In brief: Take one day

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

Many people can. It is smart to take a day of possible.
Exertion can create swelling. If you must go to work, use plenty of ice compression the day of surgery, and continue to take Ibuprofen or other anti inflammatories over the next several days.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Depends

Your return to work may depend upon how difficult your surgery was, and if you are taking a narcotic pain medication that could possibly pose a safety issue at work where you could be injured.
Some patients return to work the day of surgery if they were not sedated and are their job does not involve strenuous activity.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine