Does laser for toenail fungus work?

Yes..in short run. Laser treatment of fungal toenail infection has been shown to be effective at least in the short run. Long-term studies are lacking. It is possible for the fungus to come back and reinfect laser treated toenails. Most laser treatments are not covered by health insurance.
Depends . It is not a 100% cure as there is really no 100% cure for fungus. It will all depends on how well your body reacts to the treatment. It is a great alternative if you can not or do not want to take the medication.