What can I do if I have a bad cough and have a job interview tomorrow?

Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Honey or codeine.
The use of a teaspoon of honey is often helpful to soothe the irritation caused by a post nasal drip cough.
The best cough suppressant in my experience is codeine, but it can make one sleepy. I would use it the night before the interval to help get a good night's sleep. I cough drop may also help to ease the irritation. Two puffs of a bronchodilator may help if it is an asthma cough.

In brief: Honey or codeine.
Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Cancel
Well, if you have a bad cough and a job interview tomorrow, i would cancel the interview to be on the safe side, if possible.
If not possible, drink plenty of fluids, take any over-the-counter cough medication in hopes it will work. You may wan to warn the interviewer of your health condition on the day of interview, so he'd be prepared or change it for a later date.

In brief: Cancel
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology