What are asthma spacers?

Helpers. Spacers are devices to help one use a metered dose inhaler (mdi) correctly. It can be very difficult for some people to use inhalers properly, especially young children. One of the most common reasons someone might feel an inhaler is not helping their asthma is due to using the mdi incorrectly. Spacers work as holding chambers between the inhaler and the patient to better inhale the med.
Help with inhalers. The earliest spacers were styrofoam coffee cups attached to multidose inhalers used to help children get these drugs. Modern spacers are one-way valved holding chambers. Exhaled breath is expelled through side vents & doesn't reenter the spacer. Breathing in & out 6 times does not effectively deliver drug. Its better to breathe in slowly & hold the breath for 5-10 seconds. Kids can repeat twice.
Asthma spacers. Spacers are specially designed plastic tubes to be used with inhalers , they help to deliver more medications into lungs and have better control of asthma. When used for acute attack of asthma , spacers give same result as nebuliser. There are less chances of thrush in mouth when preventer is used with a spacer. http://www.asthma.org.nz/resources/all-about-spacers/
Spacers... Spacers are devices that are placed between the end of the inhaler and your mouth. You then activate the inhaler and inhale through the spacer to inhale the medication. There are many types of spacers available.