What is a medicine i can get without a perscription for anger?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Not a medicine
If you're having trouble with anger, it's best to find non-drug ways to work with it.
For many, vigorous exercise helps discharge it. But ultimately, you need to understand what's triggering your anger so that you can deal effectively with it. If this is hard for you, working with a psychotherapist may help you sort things out.

In brief: Not a medicine
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
3 comments
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
I concur with Dr. Pappas. The truth is, in medicine, as in the business of plumbing simply putting a Band-Aid on a leak is only likely to get you a much bigger leak later unless you find the source of the problem. Even prescription products are not your best choice for what you describe let alone over-the-counter agents or other uncontrolled substances. Cheers in the New Year and peace!
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Thank you, Dr. Saghafi.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Cognitive Behavior t
I agree with dr .
Pamela and dr. Ali, cognitive therapy is a good choice . Identifying their negative thoughtsc can help them change their feeling and decrease their anger.

In brief: Cognitive Behavior t
I agree with dr .
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Anger
Agree with dr. Pappas.
Explore the source of the anger, preferably thru counseling, and treat that.

In brief: Anger
Agree with dr. Pappas.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management
In brief: I agree with others
Only thing i would add is if you have a short fuse, you may want to consider getting your thyroid checked.
People with an over active thyroid can be irritated without cause, and thus treatment for their problem would be a pill. Good luck!

In brief: I agree with others
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Dr. Erin Robertson
General Practice
In brief: Only prescription
meds & treat anger appearing as part group symptoms.
All of us get angry. That's a normal "fight or flight" response. But once it ceases to be useful & becomes harmful, it needs to be addressed. First step is psychometric evaluation. Been abused? Hurting others? Have PTSD, endless energy, impulsivity or insomnia? We know SM are afraid of what asking for help will do to careers. Do the right thing.

In brief: Only prescription
Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Erin Robertson
It might save someone's life.
Pathology
In brief: You are angry?
'i was angry with my friend.
I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.' -- blake. If life has taught me anything, it is to communicate. If there is a relationship that is driving you to ask this of us, i'm hoping that things can be resolved or your life situation changed. Don't tolerate abuse. Manage your own anger. Talk rx can help greatly.

In brief: You are angry?
'i was angry with my friend.
Dr. Erin Robertson
Love that poem...
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
In brief: H'mm?
A medicine, for anger; and no prescription.
Consult a well trained psychiatrist.

In brief: H'mm?
Consult a well trained psychiatrist.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Donald Jacobson
I agree. I have had both successes and failures in this area with Zyprexa, Tegretol, Lithium, occasional antidepressants, Depakote and even multiple meds if therapy was clearly not going to get anywhere (had failed years of therapy). Certainly a prescription is not out of line in an acute off-label situation where somewhat might otherwise be harmed and to prevent hospitalization if necessary.