Both my uncle&my dad had lung cancer&lymphoma at the same time is this rare&could it be genetic?Many males have died from same for generations back!

Dr. Ed Kaplan
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Unknown

Many genetic predispositions exist that we can't identify.
However, lung cancer and leukemia together is unusual and suggests an environmental exposure. Were the victims smokers? Any specific occupation (i.e. Miners or coal workers or other?) i'd be much bore suspicious that your dad and his brother were exposed to something that led to the diseases.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Vamsidhar Velcheti
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: No

There are known inherited syndromes with lung cancer and lymphoma; however, in your case since multiple family members have had cancers may be important to see a genetic counselor to discuss the need for testing;.

In brief: No

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology