I work at an animal hospital and I keep getting poison ivy! what can I do to prevent this?

Dr. HENRY LEGERE
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Wear gloves
Good hygiene can prevent you from spreading the allergen of poison ivy onto your skin.
Wear protective clothing and gloves when grooming the animals.

In brief: Wear gloves
Dr. HENRY LEGERE
Dr. HENRY LEGERE
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
In brief: Poison Ivy
Poison ivy occurs when a person comes in contact with the oils from the poison ivy plant.
Animals can often get those oils on their fur and spread poison ivy to people. The best way to prevent poison ivy is to avoid contact. That means wearing long sleeved shirts and pants and gloves when working with the animals. Also, washing your exposed areas with soap and water within 5 minutes of contact.

In brief: Poison Ivy
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Dr. M. Jay Petruska