I stand on a rubber mat and walk on concrete at work and my heel and arch hurt. What can I do?

Dr. Joshua Batt
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Arch support
Consider purchasing an inexpensive arch support from your local pharmacy.
This will decrease the tension placed on your foot at these points. When not working, place a tennis ball on the floor under the arch of your foot and roll it in a massage like fashion. This exercise can loosen the tight muscles in the sole of the foot.

In brief: Arch support
Dr. Joshua Batt
Dr. Joshua Batt
Dr. Gregg Alexander
Cushioned and/or massaging inserts for your shoes can provide some relief, too.
Samyukta Mullangi
Dermatology
In brief: Orthopedic shoes
Look into purchasing orthopedic shoes that are designed to cushion your heel and prevent your foot from overpronating (leaning into the arch) as this can cause you to experience heel or arch pain as well as lower back pain.

In brief: Orthopedic shoes
Samyukta Mullangi
Samyukta Mullangi
Answer assisted by Samyukta Mullangi, Medical Student
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine