I see to always get a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis is there something wrong with me? Does it come from having sex?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Not from sex

Please see your gyn, but i recommend taking acidolphilus pills and a multi- vitamin everyday which is preventative, a nd you shoudl have a compelte culture to see which bact is causing and yeast and bv( 6 diff ones can cause it bv, 4can cause yeast) it could be rom another type of bacteria and you need to make sure your pap smear is normal and u want to avoid heat and humidity, air and dryness.

In brief: Not from sex

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Arnon Rubin