How long should I wait to return to work after a laparoscopy for endometriosis?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Depends
Some can return as early as the next day, but most will wait for at least 2 to 3 days before returning to work.
I have my patient not lift anything above 10# nor do any abdominal exercises for 7 days to allow the stitches to heal.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Varies
Some patients return to work 2-3 days after surgery other others take as long as 4 weeks.
It depends on how you feel, how difficult the surgery is, and how physically demanding your job is. The more heavy lifting required the longer you should wait.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
In brief: Depends
It depends on the complexity of the surgery, number and location of your incisions and pain control.
The nature of your work is important as well.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery