How long after having lap band surgery can you go back to work?

Depends. If applied by laparoscopy, depending on your general health and condition, any complications and your own unique case and the type of work you do and your work environment, one could possible be back a work in a matter of a day or so up to a week or more. If an open procedure and with the above concerns, it could take weeks. This should be thoroughly discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery.
About a week. When done laparoscopically you can be back to work usually in 1-2 weeks, depending on what you do for a living.