How long after getting a breast augmentation/implants can I go back to work?

Dr. Richard Baxter
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Days to weeks
Tiem to return to work and daily activities depends on how physically demanding the job is, whether implants are under the muscle, and other factors.
For most patients recovery is about a week but heavy exertion should be avoided for at least a couple of weeks.

In brief: Days to weeks
Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Jason Lichten
Listen to the specific instructions of your surgeon, but most desk work can be resumed in a few days. Strenuous activity or jobs that require lifting or other physical activity may force you to be off work for a few weeks.
Dr. Robert Steely
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Return to work
Good morning! The answer to your question is dependent upon what type of work you do.
In my practice, we use a perioperative protocol that allows most breast augmentation patients to return to a desk type job 48 hours after the procedure. Patients with a more active work environment such as nurses or restaurant workers need a few more days before doing anything too strenuous. I hope this helps

In brief: Return to work
Dr. Robert Steely
Dr. Robert Steely
Dr. Andres Taleisnik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Back to work
Most women feel reasonably comfortable returning to non strenuous jobs within a week or so.
Some return after only a few days, but usually still feel somewhat sore and tired. A job that requires reaching or lifting may require 1-3 weeks off work.

In brief: Back to work
Dr. Andres Taleisnik
Dr. Andres Taleisnik
Dr. Jason Hall
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends
Your return to work depends on how physically demanding your job is.
If you have a desk job, you can reasonably expect to return within a day or two. More demanding jobs may need to be modified so you do not compromise a good result by doing too much activity too soon.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Breast Aug Recovery
After a breast augmentation procedure, you should be able to return to work in one week.
However, you can not do any lifting or exercise for a few weeks. Dr. Ricardo rodriguez baltimore, maryland.

In brief: Breast Aug Recovery
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends
This usually depends on the type of work you do and your body's healing.
Most people are able to return to work between one and two weeks.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Quick Recovery
The discomfort from breast augmentation is dependent on the size of the implant you desire.
Larger implants...More discomfort...Longer recovery. On average, you should be able to get back to work within a few days (or even quicker with small implants). Six weeks before strenuous exercises. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html.

In brief: Quick Recovery
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends.
Most patients who undergo breast augmentation are able to return to a “desk job” 5 to 7 days subsequently.
Those patients who have more physically demanding jobs require a longer period of time away from work. I ask my patients to avoid heavy lifting/strenuous activity for 4 weeks after the procedure. Driving should wait until patients are off of medications ; can respond to an emergency safely.

In brief: Depends.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery