Going in for an ultrasound-guided breast biopsy, can I return to work that same day?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: If you must
While I do not Prohibit my patients from working after an ultrasound-guided biopsy, i discourage it.
We use local anesthetic that tends to wear off after a few hours, leading to dull pain in the breast. Furthermore, it helps to be able to put an ice pack on the breast, which may be difficult at work.

In brief: If you must
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Work w ill always be there...it just keeps piling up. Take care of yourself and allow for proper recovery. You are happier and ultimately more productive at work when you are rested and not in pain.
Dr. Sean Canale
Breast Surgery
In brief: Maybe
A lot depends on your work and level of discomfort tolerance.
Going back to work and most physical activity won't do any harm but you will be sore. The procedure is usually done in the officec w/o sedation and most patients do fine with over the counter pain meds after. The basic rule is if it hurts don't do it.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Sean Canale
Dr. Sean Canale
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology
In brief: It depends on the
type of work, and how you are feeling.
Some woman barely feel any residual soreness, others have more discomfort. Heavy physical activity is probably not a good idea, but if you have a desk job, you can go back to work if you want. Some women want to go to work to take their mind of things. In my practice I would estimate that about 25% of patients go back to work same day, 75% take the day off

In brief: It depends on the
type of work, and how you are feeling.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham