What are warm towels used for in a home birth?

Dr. Christopher Sizemore
In brief: Home Birth
The warm towels are used to dry and warm the baby after delivery.
When babies are delivered they are wet and cold. It is very important to dry and warm them quickly. This is done the same way regardless of wether the baby is delivered at home or in the hospital. After being dried they can either be placed in warm towels or simply placed on mom's chest for body heat.

In brief: Home Birth
Dr. Christopher Sizemore
Dr. Christopher Sizemore
Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: Do not do a home
Birth, there are a lot of women i see from schenectady asking ?S about home birth i see every time I am answering ?S on this web site, I have hardly seen anyone from another city asking these ?S about home birth, I am totally against home birth as there are too many things that can go wrong and u should not have to be asking these ?S here , please direct them to your home birth provider !

In brief: Do not do a home
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey