How hard is an umbilical hernia operation?

Usually easy. It depends on how big the hernia is and if you have had many previous abdominal surgeries. The surgeon can fix the hernia open (single incision) or laparoscopically (multiple small incisions). The surgery is usually very straightforward. Most patients go home the same day. The surgery is very common.
Variable. Usually relatively straightforward, but make sure you see a surgeon with lots of experience with this operation, and ask pertinent questions about the type of repair, use of mesh, and open vs laparoscopic. The best operation for you will depend on your hernia and medical history.
Out patient. Simple outpatient surgery. Minimal pain. Depending how big it is whether a prosthetic mesh will be use. Back to normal few days. Back to work in seek our two with light duties.