Will I have to have to have a c-section if I am having a really big baby?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Possibly

Talk to your obstetrician.
The main concern is that the head and body will not fit through the pelvis and be able to be delivered naturally. A frank discussion with your obstetrician before labor will help you sort out what is best for you and the child.

In brief: Possibly

Talk to your obstetrician.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy

Big is a relative term. Even though most really big babies are delivered via c-section, sometimes big babies also deliver vaginally.
Chances of vaginal delivery are good if you have gone into labor spontaneously, labor has progressed well, if you previously delivered a big baby without problems, if you have no diabetes, if you have not gone beyond your due date, and if you have an average bmi.

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Jonathan Jassey